Hello Eric,

As described in some guides [1][2], the interpreter will call a gateway passing
values using the C++
/ C object-oriented / C stack-oriented APIs depending how you declared it. On
the gateway you are
free to do whatever you want with the data.

[1]: https://wiki.scilab.org/howto/Create%20a%20toolbox#Gateway
[2]: https://wiki.scilab.org/Developers

However for Xcos, the story is a bit different as the blocks will be called by
a simulator (ODE /
IDA solver) not an interpreter ; the API is different and called scicos_block4
; using a C-block you
have to describe the interface and write some code using the data passed as
arguments.

Note: Scilab2C is a  toolbox which might (or might not) follow Scilab coding
conventions.

--
Clément