Hi Victor, welcome! Thanks for sending some feedback.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:42:40PM +0200, Victor wrote:

>  > As a developer, the first thing you should do is go to
>  > [3]https://git.gnu.io/snowdrift/snowdrift and follow the instructions at
>  > the README. It's a help just to have you go through testing that. Let me
>  > know how it goes.
>  The build went as smooth as butter, and from what I read on the blog, I
>  arrived just in time to avoid trouble ^^
>
>  For the tests I've seen issues when running the DB-setup script
>  (permissions denied to create a folder) but it doesn't seem to have
>  caused any related problem. I should investigate that though.

Yep, there are some spurious(?) error messages from Sdm. Another
person was looking at cleaning up Sdm/getting rid of the need for
using sudo. I encourage any work in that direction.

>  The first launch of the tests blocked on one the firsts tests (without
>  CPU or HDD activity). After maybe 10 minute, I had to Ctrl-C the run.
>  The second run (which required me to kill remaining stack instances, if
>  I recall correctly when had to do this) was a failure.
>  The third run was a success. So I found a flaky test, after running the
>  tests suite in a loop, I can re trigger sporadically the failure on the
>  same test.

The tests, to be honest, are kind of in a state. I am just ripping a
bunch of them out right now. They have been outdated by new work I'm
doing on implementing a new funding mechanism. You may have caught
them at a bad time.

Thanks again, see you around!