On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 02:06:33AM +0200, fr33domlover wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I talked to Aaron on IRC and he told me `userIdent` is often an
> email address because that's what Persona logins use. So adding the
> new route means exposing people's email addresses, which we don't
> necessarily want.

Indeed, we don't want that at all.

I think the solution is to untie the "vanity name" /u/<MySpecialName>
from both my login name *and* my email address. Especially relevant
since I want to enable logging in with only an email address, even
after dropping Persona, using the email token mechanism (i.e.
"password retrieval without the password").