On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 04:39:11AM +0200, fr33domlover wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 16:39:11 -0800
> Bryan Richter <br...@snowdrift.coop> wrote:
>
> > Can I pass the tasks on to someone else who can take the time to
> > figure out the best way to use OpenProject?
>
> Personally I'm not exactly excited about taking that role, unless OP
> can be used conveniently from the terminal / text-based web browser
> / email client, but regardless - do we have a documented workflow
> for using it? Maybe you can push tasks to some TODO file / etherpad
> / email. So far I like the use of the dev ML and IRC for that: You
> mention a task, a dev picks it up and sends a patch or MR.

I like the idea of the ML too, though only for pushing notifications
and discussing tasks. It's not gonna cut it for tracking them. Design,
development, *and* users need to be able to track tasks.

Sadly, I just checked, and OpenProject flatly does not work without
Javascript. That is unfortunate. I still suspect OpenProject will
become THE tool for tracking tasks.

> The same applies to me and any other volunteer here: When someone
> has some idea / proposal / problem / suggestion, where do they put
> it? OP or mailing list or Snowdrift wiki?

Everyone is always welcome to send suggestions to the mailing list,
and somebody will take care of triaging it. In the shortest of terms,
that could even just mean I add it to my large list of tasks.

Eventually, everything will end up in OpenProject, however.

The "Snowdrift wiki" is one of the things being removed, by the way.