Hi, all,

I'm wondering what peopl had in mind regarding a solution to US-155
<https://tree.taiga.io/project/snowdrift/us/155?kanban-status=729903>.

> Looking at code diffs, Alice uses a simple tool to fetch the SHA of the live
> production site

I assume this is the sha1 hash of the git commit (i.e. git rev-list HEAD -1),
not a hash of the source tarball or something like that. I wrote a little script
that will fetch this for the site that is currently on <https://snowdrift.coop>
(see <https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/merge_requests/8>). As it stands,
there is no equivalent of /dev/build in the master branch.

So, I'm wondering what y'all want to do so that we can have a tool for the new
site. I threw together a merge request
<https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/merge_requests/7>, which includes a
/git route. /git shows the git commit for the running site using yesod-gitrev.
These's a screenshot of the result in that merge request. It's ugly, but it
would work.

--
Peter Harpending <pe...@harpending.org>