On 05/18/2016 11:20 AM, Peter Harpending wrote:
> This is mostly directed at Bryan, but I thought it was appropriate for the
> entire ML to comment.
>
> I don't like using /p/snowdrift as the route to SnowdriftProjectR, because it
> introduces an unnecessary corner case. It means that when we eventually want
> have /p/#Text, we have to use a smart newtype, and add a bunch of extra code
> that makes sure that nobody makes a project with "snowdrift" as its slug.
>
> Solutions:
>
> 1. Move /p/snowdrift elsewhere, like /snowdrift
> 2. Use /project/#Text rather than /p/#Text in the future.
> 3. Deal with the extra code bloat.
>
> I vote for option 1, because it's by far the cleanest. It would be really
> weird
> to have /p/snowdrift, but no /p/AnyOtherProject. If there's a special case, it
> should be at a top-level route, like the other special cases, e.g. /welcome,
> /dashboard, /search, etc.

I don't like any of these solutions. My opinion as dev (being a novice)
doesn't hold much weight, but I preferred the old approach of manually
putting a snowdrift project in the database and not hard-coding it. I'd
wonder whether a hard-coded MVP can easily change to a next version
where we *remove* the hard-coding and go back to the database approach.

I definitely think /project/#Text is crappy and don't want that.

I *do* want the pledging to snowdrift as a project to be effectively the
same as for any other project.