On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 01:09:33PM -0600, Peter Harpending wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 11:58:54AM -0700, Bryan Richter wrote:
> > >
> > > N.B. I'm using the coqdoc convention of putting code in [square
> > > braces].
> > >
> > > No. As it's implemented now,[SnowdriftProject] is in its own
> > > data type, defined in config/models.
> >
> > No it isn't. :)
> >
> > There is now no SnowdriftProject type, nor should there ever be.
> >
> > Stephen is right; this is not an issue yet. The "/p/snowdrift"
> > route will go away, replaced by "/p/#ProjectSlug", and the
> > snowdrift project will be the obvious owner of the ProjectSlug
> > that corresponds to the route "/p/snowdrift".
>
> Damn, I forgot to ask this in my other email: what are you
> envisioning as the type for Project. I'm thinking something like
> this:
>
> Project
>     slug ProjectSlug
>     owner UserId
>     UniqueProject slug
>
> If that looks agreeable, can I go ahead and implement it?

I want to wait to define the model based on the usage needs.

I'm waiting for more information on what functionality /dashboard and
/p/snowdrift will have. That needs to happen first.

> How are you envisioning always creating a project named Snowdrift?
> Some sort of migration hackery? Perhaps something like the old
> devDB.sql?

After the IRC discussion we had a while ago, I actually started to
imagine that there *would* be a Project model for MVP. But, see above.