Hello, I'm Jake. I'm brand new here. In summary, I want "real world" Haskell
experience. (Long version sent to commun...@snowdrift.coop.)

I tried to build the test platform, but encountered a classic bug: the space
bug.

Easy to replicate: make a directory with a space in its name, such as "foo
bar". In my case, it was "Backup One". Navigate (cd) your terminal to this
place. Follow the build instructions in BUILD.md, starting with the "git
clone..." line.

Well, something in the build script does not handle that space.

Using my example with "Backup One", it expects a Unix socket to be at:

/run/media/jthomas/Backup/.s.PGSQL.5432

Notice the "/Backup/" part should be "/Backup One/".

Furthermore, navigating to jthomas reveals that there is no "Backup" directory.
So that file really does not exist. (Sometimes these things make the
directories that they think should exist. Not in this case.)

Cheers,

Jake