On September 11, 2017 5:19:29 AM EDT, Bryan Richter <br...@snowdrift.coop>
wrote:
>== Last week.
>
>Code changes: some updates and fixes to the snowdrift project page,
>thanks to Iko.
>
>== This month.
>
>My goal for this month is to finish the website and crowdmatch
>mechanism for Alpha. Maybe a bit optimistic. :) But we seem close.
>The mechanism is functional; it just needs testing. The website is
>functional; it just needs testing. What is mainly missing is a little
>bit of practice: practice restoring backups, practice analyzing logs,
>practice deploying breaking changes -- that sort of thing.
>
>There's a lot more we *could* do, but there always will be.
>
>== This week.
>
>- Start practicing and figuring out where things are the most broken
>  or flimsy.
>
>- Do some system administration work. Hard drives are filling up, and
>  not much is documented.
>
>- Coordinate with other components of the project. Make sure we have
>  the bones of a post-Alpha plan.
>
>- Encourage people to prod the website and report UI problems.
>
>== "What can I do?"
>
>- Write tests! Or ask me how. It needs documenting, anyway.
>
>- Get the haskell-stripe packages back into Stackage.
>  https://github.com/dmjio/stripe/issues/76
>
>- Ask questions about open issues.
>  https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/issues
>
>Thanks!

When we reach alpha, maybe it's time to run our first crowdmatch? It'll be
below our normal minimum, thus we'll be paying much more in stripe fees than
we'd like, but the point would be to find pain points in the process, not
recieve significant sums of money.

Since we've told people we'd keep fees below a certain amount, we should also
send an email out about this, which is an opportunity to work out kinks in
civi, too :)

--
I try to write short, functional emails. http://smichel.me/email