Hi! This email list has been inactive for a long time, but that’s not
because work stopped on Snowdrift.coop — it’s because we’ve moved to our
new community forum at https://community.snowdrift.coop

Please join us there! It’s integrated with your main Snowdrift.coop
account, so no need to separately register.

Code development discussion has moved to the "Development" subcategory
under "Clearing the Path" (the general area for work discusisons).
https://community.snowdrift.coop/c/clear-the-path/development

We also now use issue tracking via our GitLab instance with code issues
at https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift — and labels there for
"newcomer-friendly" and "patches welcome" have some tickets ready to go
for anyone who can help us push through toward full launch:

https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/issues?label_name%5B%5D=newcomer-friendly

https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/issues?label_name%5B%5D=patches+welcome

Code review is always valuable too.

But the best next step to stay involved is just to come say "hi" on the
forum!

---

### Notes on moving from email list to forum

The email lists will be shut off soon (although archives will remain
available for reference, see https://lists.snowdrift.coop for links).

Forums and mailing lists each have pros and cons, but the flexibility of
the Discourse software we're now using offers a great balance (while
being a robust 100% FLO project that we'd love to eventually help support).

With our mailing lists, you had to choose to get all emails or none from
a set of a few fixed lists.

Now, you can subscribe in whatever way fits best for you. You can just
check the site when convenient. You can watch or unwatch specific
categories, tags, or topics as best works for you. The forum has many
other features including private-messaging, editing of posts…

Discourse's flexible flagging system lets us do better enforcement of
our Code of Conduct (which itself has been updated). When you flag a
problem post, it simply prompts the author to edit and repost, so we all
get to learn and practice healthy communication. That sort of thing is
much harder with traditional mailing lists.

The welcome section at the forum includes further notes to show you around.

One key point to highlight: To respect users, we made the
activity-digest opt-*in*. That means you will only get notifications of
things you actively choose to watch. To get periodic updates about
overall forum activity, go to your profile settings and turn on the
activity digest (you can choose the digest frequency).

### General Snowdrift.coop status

The forum is one of many ways that we continue to push toward our
(long-overdue) full launch. Our alpha state is already live (you can
pledge to support us as the first project!). Hope to talk to you soon!

--
Aaron Wolf
co-founder, Snowdrift.coop