On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 03:56:33 +0000 MyungJoo Ham <myungjoo....@samsung.com> said:

> > On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 19:10:43 +0530
> > Rohit Agrawal <agrawal.roh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> First, I'm adding a comment to prevent some confusion.
>
> > Ofono was only used in Tizen IVI. Tizen mobile uses a different telefony
> > daemon with a library API to it. Tizen IVI has pretty much been
> > idle for quite a while. No one is taking care of it and with Tizen
> > v3/v4... Tizen IVI as a profile is also gone (along with other
> > profiles).
>
> Tizen profiles as "build projects", which allow to give build options
> per profile, are gone. Tizen profiles as "API set standards" persist.
> You just don't need to build for each Tizen profile.

yeah - this means the ivi specific git repos are likely to have issues unless
they have gotten recent attention. dependencies may have changed etc. - ofono
hasn't seen any attention for a while now. ofono upstream has seen 2 releases
since upstream since the last sync. tizen's ofono repose might not be the best
place to be looking at

> > The last time any Ofono was touched is over a year ago (Jan
> > 2016). So I would say that it's not really alive in Tizen anymore.
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > How is ofono integrated in Tizen IVI ? In the Tizen IVI wiki, ofono is
> > > mentioned as the Telephony stack.
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tizen
> > > As ofono exposes all its functionality over D-Bus, is there any C/C++
> > > library (apart from libgofono) which exposes all the APIs and
> > > internally encapsulate the logic of communicating to ofono in the
> > > Tizen OS. If so please point us to the library.
>
> The first step of finding that out will be searching for packages actually
> "using" (depending on) ofono or libgofono.
>
> You may find that out by looking at metainfo (e.g., rpm -qRp filename.rpm)
> for rpm files from a snapshot package repo. Or more simply, you can look it
> up from "packages.xml" from repodata:
>
> e.g.,
> http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/unified/tizen-unified_20170426.7/repos/standard/packages/repodata/80dfa15c0ac157a7d2e78c8157e6e64e4e3f73482a6de7157b94143da177b515-primary.xml.gz
>
> For the 20170426.7 snapshot, I see no one is effectively depending on ofono
> except for meta packages representing IVI snapshot images and edbus-devel
> packages that uses libeofono.so(from edbus) to provide pkgconfig(eofono).
>
> So.. You might want to look into edbus and how it is providing libeofoso.so.

it literally spoke dbus protocol. under a c api layer.

--
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ti...@rasterman.com>