Does this mean we're opening a release vote? Or are we planning on having
rc1 be QA rc's for livy? (there was some discussion on that on the Spark
dev list last release)

 Alex Bozarth

 Software Engineer

 Spark Technology Center

 E-mail: ajboz...@us.ibm.com

 GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth

                                                                   505 Howard
Street
                                                             San Francisco, CA
94105
                                                                       United
States

From:   Saisai Shao <sai.sai.s...@gmail.com>
To:     dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:   08/07/2017 02:17 AM
Subject:        Re: To release a first Apache version Livy

Hi Team,

Today I cut a RC1 release based on branch-0.4, here is the link (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-livy/releases/tag/v0.4.0-incubating-rc1
and https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/livy/), would you
please help to test and verify. Thanks a lot and appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Saisai

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Alex Bozarth <ajboz...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Last comment on the INFRA JIRA seemed to indicate that they hit a snag
> with the import over a week ago and he never got back to us after. He
told
> us to keep using the Cloudera JIRA until he successfully completed a test
> import then we could re-export for him.
>

> *Alex Bozarth*
> Software Engineer
> Spark Technology Center
> ------------------------------
> *E-mail:* *ajboz...@us.ibm.com* <ajboz...@us.ibm.com>
> *GitHub: **github.com/ajbozarth* <https://github.com/ajbozarth>
>

> 505 Howard Street
> San Francisco, CA 94105
> United States
>

> [image: Inactive hide details for Bikas Saha ---08/04/2017 07:22:50
> PM---Hi, Most of those jiras looked like bug fixes to me. Hence I t]Bikas
> Saha ---08/04/2017 07:22:50 PM---Hi, Most of those jiras looked like bug
> fixes to me. Hence I thought 0.4 could be a bug fix release.
>
> From: Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org>
> To: "dev@livy.incubator.apache.org" <dev@livy.incubator.apache.org>
> Date: 08/04/2017 07:22 PM
> Subject: Re: To release a first Apache version Livy
> ------------------------------
>

> Hi,
>

> Most of those jiras looked like bug fixes to me. Hence I thought 0.4
could
> be a bug fix release. But I am ok releasing the current state so users
can
> gets an Apache release to transition to.
>

> Given that its still a new project, a shorter cadence would help make bug
> fix releases available.
>

> Btw, does anyone know whats holding up the Apache jira process? If not, I
> can follow up on that.
>

> Bikas

Apache