While it may sound reasonable, it is not. Matt’s point about LoggerFinder and
our support of NoSQL appenders and the like is proof that there are valid
reasons for circularities. We are just lucky that Jackson and Disruptor don’t
seem to do logging or we would have circularities there too.

BTW - I got a private answer to my question on this. It was that I should post
my question to the jigsaw dev list but that I should expect that Log4j - or at
least pieces of it - can’t be modularized.

Ralph