The problem started here:
https://builds.apache.org/job/Log4j%202.x/3135/
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/commit/9126644cf85a52859690bc8499b0c701a8db3ae7

So I guess that the upgrade from Spring Framework 3.x to 4.x by Gary caused it.

On 2017-10-19 22:14, Ralph Goers wrote:
I am wondering why this is suddenly failing. Was it changed recently?

Ralph

On Oct 19, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

The missing class, javax.servlet.SessionCookieConfig is new in Servlet API 3.x.
In log4j-taglib pom, we have this dependency:

      <dependency>
        <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
        <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
        <version>2.5</version>
        <scope>provided</scope>
      </dependency>

That's causing the issue, when I changed it to 3.0.1 the test pass. Is there
any particular reason for keeping this at version 2.5?