On 2018-01-22 23:37, Matt Sicker wrote:
On 22 January 2018 at 16:29, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

If it was up to me I would move the following Appenders: Cassandra, Flume,
JDBC, JMS, JPA, HTTP, Kafka, NoSQL, SMTP, ZeroMQ/JeroMQ, CouchDB, MongoDB.
In addition to those I would move the taglib, imx-gui and samples modules
and possibly the perf module. Although it is probably lightly used I would
consider keeping the iostreams module, although to be honest I am not sure
why it isn’t part of the api module.

I like this idea generally since those plugins are rarely updated after
being developed.

At least Kafka appender has been updated a number of times since it was incepted.

> The iostreams API could be added to log4j-api.

I think we should be very careful about adding new stuff to log4j-api.