Chandra,

Yes it is a new project. I’ve been working on it for quite some time. I
developed something like it for my former employer many years ago and it was
one of my primary motivations for starting Log4j 2. I am using this project at
my current employer.

A container is not required to perform basic Java audit logging, but a web
application was developed to edit and maintain the catalog as editing a JSON
file can become pretty tedious. A REST service is also provided to allow
non-Java apps to use the framework. The REST service also supports adding
“dynamic” catalogs and catalog entries. I suspect I didn’t even go into that in
the documentation on the web site.

Ralph