I plan on playing with the microservices from the tutorial more in the near
future.  I could:

1) Load test one microservice without stdout logging

2) Load test with stdout logging

3) See if there is any response degradation recorded by zipkin

Would be nice to see if Prometheus records any additional overhead as well
(Next tutorial).

Once I get the setup I'll ping back.

IIUC the reason we are logging to stdout in docker containers is just so we can
see the logging output when running the container during development.  We fire
up the container and do some sanity testing with cURL and look at the log
output with docker logs or docker compose logs.

Once we are happy we can turn off the logging to standard out and do file based
logging or something more advanced with ELK and Zipkin.

Perhaps the docker layer handling the stdout stream is slow or that managing
the buffer it uses is a performance bottle neck.

Cheers,
Ole