Excerpt from LOG4J2-1031 -

"I have been working on the file watching of the scripts today. The more I work
with it the less I like Java’s WatchService. Java makes no guarantees about how
the service works. On my Mac it uses polling - but I don’t see any way to
control the frequency. Furthermore, if you specify a file you will get an
exception - it can only watch directories for changes.”

Ralph