That's an interesting question to ask. As I see it, ci should produce good
and final artifacts. This means that ci should also sign them in the
pipeline. We can inject required keys and credentials with secret variables
to make it work. These credentials are then only accessible to whoever has
access to jenkins. I have right now no idea how the binaries are signed
today. There surely are targets to do so but I have not found them, yet.
Stefan, can you point me into the right direction?

Thanks matt for pointing out yet another thing that we are probably missing
in the ci pipeline.