It'd be nice to clean up log4j-api before making a 3.0.0 release. We have
several interfaces that can be merged, and we can take advantage of default
and static methods in interfaces. I suppose a larger modularization or
other overhauls can always be deferred to a 4.0.0 API later on if time
permits.

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>