Hi,

this is a just a hint you might want to keep in mind:

The currently used naming scheme for "log4j-spring-cloud-config" leads
to some pretty long paths, which under some circumstances and for some
tools result in trouble on Windows. This is a default Windows, without
the setting to support long paths enabled[1], and obviously
(Tortoise)GIT doesn't use long Unicode paths on it's own.

> ---------------------------
> TortoiseGit
> ---------------------------
> Revert failed:
> error: unable to create file
> log4j-spring-cloud-config/log4j-spring-cloud-config-samples/log4j-spring-cloud-config-sample-application/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/spring/cloud/config/sample/utils/spring/SampleResponseErrorHandler.java:
>  Filename too long
>
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------

An abbreviation like "app" might be of help already, because
"log4j-spring-cloud-config-sample-server" seems to work. Though
placing things a level app like has been done with
"log4j-layout-jackson-*" seems to make more sense to me.

[1]:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/naming-a-file#enable-long-paths-in-windows-10-version-1607-and-later

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning