Hi Ralph

I'll investigate this today. I'd like more information, particularly configuration and, eg if the ado.net appender is used, table structures.

Joseph, please open a ticket at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET to help me track this.

-d

On September 7, 2020 23:35:12 Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

For some reason all messages from NuGet are routed to the Apache Logging PMC list. This one clearly does not need to be private. Just know that the person who sent this is apparently not subscribed to the ASF mailing lists so won’t see a response unless he is cc’d.

I’m not familiar with NuGet but it sure would be nice if they could be pointed to our mailing lists. The PMC has gotten a fair number of these that we have tried to respond to.

Ralph

Begin forwarded message:

From: NuGet Gallery <supp...@nuget.org>
Subject: [NuGet Gallery] Message for owners of the package 'log4net'
Date: September 7, 2020 at 2:25:32 PM MST
To: <priv...@logging.apache.org>

User jmitola <jmit...@berkeley.edu> sends the following message to the owners of Package 'log4net 2.0.8 <https://www.nuget.org/packages/log4net/2.0.8>'.

Has version 2.0.9 been thoroughly tested running in .Net framework 4.6? I ask because I recently upgraded from 2.0.8 which was working with no issues to version 2.0.9. Now, it completely crashes the application pool in IIS for any application running .Net framework v4.5 and higher which has referenced the log4net library v2.0.9. Furthermore, it will not output any error logs even with internal logging option turned on. Do you have any suggestions as to how I could debug this?

Thanks, Joseph

To stop receiving contact emails as an owner of this package, sign in to the NuGet Gallery and change your email notification settings <https://www.nuget.org/account>.

Privacy Statement <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521839>
Microsoft Corporation