Yes, this is the intent of LOG4J2-2986:
"stackTrace": {
  "stringified": true,  "truncatedStringSuffix": ">",
"truncationPointStrings": ["at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service"]}
That snippet from the PR doesn't seem to match your documentation grammar
"truncationPointStrings" vs "truncationPointMatcherStrings":
stringified                   = "stringified" -> booleantruncatedStringSuffix
      = "truncatedStringSuffix" -> stringtruncationPointMatcherStrings =
"truncationPointMatcherStrings" -> string[]truncationPointMatcherRegexes =
"truncationPointMatcherRegexes" -> string[]
I just finished up with a PR on my ticket too. Since I'm dealing with frames I
decided to build on the existing "filters" name for packages and name it
"filters.startFrames":

filters.startFrames(javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service)
I don't support regexes (yet?)
Do you think the name/syntax should match across features or is the Json layout
unique enough that having two names (truncationPoint*, startFrames) for the
same concept is ok?
    On Friday, January 15, 2021, 10:59:26 AM EST, Volkan Yazıcı