Thank you, Volkan.

I'm not quite ready to submit a PR. I was hoping some of you with more
knowledge of log4j-core would weigh in on what we should do about shutting
down the StatusLogger.

My thought is we choose one of two options:

Option A:
1) check if any StatusLogger is writing to standard out or standard error.
If not, add one.
2) stop any loggers that don't write to standard out or standard error.

Option B:
1) stop any loggers that don't write to standard out or standard error.

Option A could cause the log messages to be split across two destinations,
but they all get sent somewhere. Option B could lose shutdown messages when
writing to a file, but by that point it may not matter.

If any of you have a better idea, I'm happy to implement it. If nobody
weighs in on the best option, I'll probably submit Option A as a pull
request on Friday or Saturday.

Tim