The ASF has automated creating new git repos. PMC members can do it on a
simple web form. We just have to have consensus on what we want to do.

Whatever we decide to do, you can either make the changes needed in your
PR or it can be done after the fact.

Although I like Volkan’s idea of using logging-log4j2-maven-plugins I have no
idea what other plugins we might ever have.

As for the artifact id I am fine with the name you propose.

Ralph