Since I have encountered a few people people before who have asked
questions along the lines of "why do we need good logging? and what is
logging?" I figured it would be good to make a general overview guide
that is not specific to log4j/log4cxx/log4net, but may still touch on
concepts of these libraries that make them good.

Some of the terminology here could probably be better standardized, so
any suggestions are welcome!  I may turn this into a presentation to
break it up as well, I haven't decided yet.

Github PR: https://github.com/apache/logging-site/pull/1

-Robert Middleton