> The difference is between saying nothing (what we do now) and committing to
> future work (support for 5-10 years and then make it go away).

I am afraid I do not understand it.
Could you explain it in more words?

What is exactly the difference?

Currently, it looks like the cost of "not removing a link from website" is zero.
Of course, it might be something would require to update the site (js
vulnerability in the generated website?)
If that happens, it would be fair to bring the discussion of "updating
jqery would take X hours while dropping the website would require Y
hours, and X >> Y".

We need to see X and Y before we discuss if "paid contract" is needed.

Vladimir