Those classes are to receive log events from a database table.  Log4j1
and log4cxx can write log messages directly to a database; I'm not
sure about log4j2.

I'm not sure exactly what it does/how it does it, but it's going to
effectively do something like "SELECT * FROM Logs" and then pass those
log messages up to other parts of chainsaw.

-Robert Middleton