Hi all,

the vote to release Apache Log4net 3.5.0 (RC1) is cancelled.

Votes:
-1 Davyd McColl
-1 Jan Friedrich

Issues found:
- the .sha512 files have CRLF line endings, which the macOS sha512sum rejects (reported by Gary) - TelnetAppenderTest.ListenAddressBindsOnlyThatAddress fails on Davyd's machine

I will start a vote on RC2 once both are fixed.

Thanks to Davyd and Gary for testing!

Jan


On 9/25/26 21:40, Jan Friedrich wrote:
-1

I cancel this vote after feedback from Davyd and Gary.
I will create RC2 after fixing those issues.

Jan

On 9/25/26 12:57, Jan Friedrich wrote:
This is a vote to release the Apache Log4net 3.5.0.

Website: https://logging.staged.apache.org/log4net/release-notes.html
GitHub: https://github.com/apache/logging-log4net
Commit: beeab9f3e8d100c1d58f0a737fdc79603fdd3ac3
Distribution: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/logging/ log4net/3.5.0
Signing key: 0x7D24496A230E29D6349A99EF583E491578F02D5D
Review kit: https://logging.staged.apache.org/log4net/release-review.html

Please download, test, and cast your votes on this mailing list.

[ ] +1, release the artifacts
[ ] -1, don't release, because ...

This vote is open for 72 hours and will pass unless getting a net negative vote count.

All votes are welcome and we encourage everyone to test the release, but only the
Logging Services PMC votes are officially counted.


Reply via email to