On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 12:16 -0700, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:08:28AM +0100, Upayavira wrote:
> > Moin can do access rights.
>
> Well, what do you know!
>
>     http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/HelpOnAccessControlLists
>     http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/HelpIndex
>
> Apparently they are off by default.
>
> > You can either do it on a page-by-page basis, or apply access rights across
> > the whole site.
>
> It looks like what you're supposed to do is insert a line like this one:
>
>     #acl SomeUser:read,write All:read
>
> However, you need to have admin rights to either add or edit acl's.  I wasn't
> able to add such a line to an existing page, nor create a new page that
> included such a line, because apparently my user (MarvinHumphrey) doesn't have
> admin rights.

Have you created an AdminGroup page and locked that down with an ACL?

> >From what I can tell, granting a user admin rights to the whole wiki needs to
> be done in wikiconfig.py:
>

> http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/HelpOnConfiguration#Overview_of_configuration_options

You're probably right. If we want to make that change, I can do it.

> It seems to me that like JIRA admin karma, MoinMoin wiki-wide admin karma
> ought to be restricted to PMC members.  However, I suspect we have to ask
> Infra to edit that file for us.  Maybe it's possible for them to add
> a "PMCMembers" or "AdminGroup" group and then for us to edit that group?

Most folks don't need admin rights in that way. If you do, then maybe
you'd be better off having a parallel wiki for that content.

> http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/HelpOnAccessControlLists#Groups
>
> Oo, I think this is a good idea:
>
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1029
>
>     We'd prefer change emails to go to ivy-comm...@incubator

Assuming no-one will object, I have changed lucy wiki diffs to go to
lucy-commits instead. Let me know if I should undo it.

Upayavira