I have about 70k document, the total indexed size is about 15MB(the
orginal text files' size).
                dir=new RAMDirectory();
                IndexWriter write=new IndexWriter(dir,...;
                for(loop){
                     writer.addDocument(doc);
                }
        writer.optimize();
        writer.close();

        IndexReader ir=IndexReader.open(dir,true);
        InstantiatedIndex ii=new InstantiatedIndex(ir);
        InstantiatedIndexReader iir=new InstantiatedIndexReader(ii);
        is=new IndexSearcher(ir);
        is2=new IndexSearcher(iir);

              I calculate the time by:
        long searchStart=System.nanoTime();
        TopDocs docs=is.search(bQuery,Integer.MAX_VALUE);
        long searchEnd=System.nanoTime();

             I searched 10,000 documents and the time of RAMDirectory
and instantiated
             the time used is time1: 21s(21812978000 ns) time2:
20s(20713817000 ns)
             I also calulate the time including get field value:
                total1: 23852ms total2: 22610ms
            it seems instantiated is not much faster than
RAMDirectory. Is there any thing wrong I used? my max memory is 4GB