Hi Ivan,

It's best to just add a comment onto LUCENE-466 with your
ideas/questions specific to that issue; other more general questions
should be sent to this dev list.

Since the big part of that issue (supporting minShouldMatch in
BooleanQuery) was already done, I think fixing query parsers to handle
it is important but isn't an entire GSoC project?  Or, perhaps it is
(we have quite a few query parsers now...).  But I think doing another
improvement in addition would be the right amount...

The mentor assignment is somewhat ad-hoc, sort of like dating ;)  You
should add comments to the issue, adding ideas, asking for
suggestions, asking if anyone will mentor, and then see if any
possible mentors respond.  I'm not sure why the issue is assigned to
Yonik; I don't think he's actually working on it.

You could try looking at past GSoC proposals at Apache Lucene to get an idea?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com