This is similar to David Smiley's question on Feb 16th, but SuppressCodecs
would be too broad of a solution, I think.

I'm using LuceneTestCase's newIndexWriterConfig, and I have a test that
requires IndexOptions.DOCS_AND_FREQS_AND_POSITIONS_AND_OFFSETS.  The test
passes quite often (famous last words), but I occasionally get an
UnsupportedOperationException: this codec cannot index offsets.

Is there a way to have LuceneTestCase randomly select a codec (with particular
subcomponents/configurations) that supports indexing offsets?

The codec that fails:

codec=Lucene46: {f1:MockVariableIntBlock(baseBlockSize=71)}, docValues:{}, ...

Most often, however Lucene46 does not fail.