Hi Mark,

last night this happened again (for the 3rd time). For the second time in a
windows VM. Maybe it was another test than the one we have seen it first.

I don’t think disabling SSL helps here. It happens together with SSL, that’s
right, but from the log file there seems to be some bug in the test setup: The
test tries to reconnect endless without stopping to try again and again and
later failing the test. This fills disk space quite fast. This also makes the
tests never end.

The rate of reconnects is so high, that the log file is filled with megabytes
in very short time. When disk is full, the carrot framework is no longer able
to handle this case and the whole JVM setup hangs.

Unfortunately, I have no data available anymore because I had to revert the
Windows Virtualbox VM to the latest clean snapshot:

[junit4] Could not serialize report for suite
org.apache.solr.cloud.TestShortCircuitedRequests: java.io.IOException: There is
not enough space on the disk

   [junit4] Mar 24, 2014 8:44:09 PM
com.carrotsearch.ant.tasks.junit4.dependencies.com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus$LoggingSubscriberExceptionHandler
 handleException

   [junit4] SEVERE: Could not dispatch event:
com.carrotsearch.ant.tasks.junit4.listeners.TextReport@1290a22 to public void
com.carrotsearch.ant.tasks.junit4.listeners.TextReport.onSuiteResult(com.carrotsearch.ant.tasks.junit4.events.aggregated.AggregatedSuiteResultEvent)

I am not even sure if this is the test that caused this.

Would it be possible to catch those cases while running tests (maybe before the
disk is full) and fail the build? Maybe something that the event file is not
allowed to grow beyond a specific size. If it grows, the test framework fails
the whole build? We can have something like maximum size of 1 GB
(configureable).

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler