On 4/12/2014 11:46 PM, Prathik Puthran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using SolrJ client to send request to Solr. But instead of calling
> Solr directly SolrJ communicates with my proxy server which in turn
> calls Solr and gets the response in javabin format and returns back the
> response to the client in the same format. The proxy server is written
> using play framework and just sends request to Solr and returns the HTTP
> response to client. Below is the exception I get in SolrJ client library
> when it tries to unmarshall the javabin response. I'm using Solrj 4.7.0.
> How can I fix this?
>
> Exception Stack trace:
>
> *Exception in thread "main"
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException
>     at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:477)
>     at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:199)
>     at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:90)
>     at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.query(SolrServer.java:301)
>     at com.br.solr.Main.main(Main.java:20)
>     at
> org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.readExternString(JavaBinCodec.java:769)
>     at
> org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.readVal(JavaBinCodec.java:192)
>     at
> org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.unmarshal(JavaBinCodec.java:116)
>     at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.BinaryResponseParser.processResponse(BinaryResponseParser.java:43)
>     at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:475)
>     ... 4 more

This started as a thread on the user list where someone else put up the
same information, but there they said that the Solr and SolrJ versions
were 4.3.0.

The line numbers in the exception on the user list match up to 4.3.0,
and the line numbers here match up to 4.7.0, which is good.

In the user list discussion the poster indicated that the production
application cannot be changed, but can you set up a testing version and
send the request directly to Solr, bypassing the play framework?

If you do that and it works, then you'll need to look for help with your
play framework code on one of their support venues.  They'll need to
tell you how to relay the response without changing it.  If the request
direct to Solr doesn't work, then we can troubleshoot that part of it.
The user list is a more appropriate venue.

Thanks,
Shawn