GitHub user PaulElschot opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/45

    Squashed commit of efbytesref, 20140422

    LUCENE-5524

    This PR adds encoding/decoding an Elias-Fano sequence in/from a BytesRef.
    This PR adds three classes:
    EliasFanoLongs and EliasFanoBytes both extending EliasFanoSequence,
    and the long[] encoding is moved from EliasFanoEncoder into EliasFanoLongs.
    The EliasFanoDecoder is changed to use these classes.
    (There are also some improved variable names, this makes the changes
somewhat less easy to read...)

    The recent fix for the number of index entry bits is included.

    This PR also adds methods readVlong and writeVLong to BytesRef. I
considered keeping them local in EliasFanoBytes, but these fit better in
BytesRef I think.

    This PR also changes EliasFanoDocIdSet to use EliasFanoLongs, and to fall
back to a FixedBitSet when too many bits are set. This fall back could be a
separate issue, but that would be more work now.

    I hope I got the generics and diamonds right...
    This is a squashed commit against trunk, 12 March 2014

    $ git pull https://github.com/PaulElschot/lucene-solr efbytesref-201404a

    https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/45.patch

    This closes #45

----
commit a214913ac2143277d9539a3e9e3d1cd1662b754a
Author: Paul Elschot <paul.j.elsc...@gmail.com>
Date:   2014-03-12T21:21:13Z

    Squashed commit of efbytesref, 20140312

----