On 4/26/2014 9:59 AM, Mark Miller wrote:
> Someone wrote a nice response to this recently - Shawn I think?
>
> The gist is, there are no current plans to move to Netty in 5.
>
> So far, 5 simply makes the http layer an implementation detail of Solr
> and stops promising a WAR.

Here's the email that I think Mark was talking about:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201404.mbox/%3c53567525.30...@elyograg.org%3E

The dropbox links in that email are still active, although they are not
clickable.

I hope it's obvious from the second screenshot that the index is
distributed.  I'm not running SolrCloud ... I think there would be more
threads if I were.

Quick summary: Nineteen defined cores, four of them active, very low
total query rate on the server of about 8 per second.  150 threads are
created by this.  Tomcat and Jetty default to allowing 200 threads.
Solr will not scale with container defaults, which is why the example
sets maxThreads to 10000.

Thanks,
Shawn