Hello,

I can't find a relevant Jira/discussion space if this exists. I
strongly feel that the "basic" example is still far from basic and
there needs to be a subgroup of people discussing of what can be
cut-off to demonstrate a true minimal configuration.

I am happy to take a lead on that if nobody is doing it, but I would
like to do it as part of a group that can focus on _deleting_
explanations, defaults, and near-identical definitions.

My hope would be to have a solrconfig and schema that are under 30
lines each not counting license. As a too-extreme example, I can offer
my earlier attempts to under-15-lines configuration:
https://github.com/arafalov/simplest-solr-config/tree/master/simplest-solr/collection1/conf

I think such an example schema would go hand-in-hand with writing a
tutorial and would assist in telling an interesting story in the
"simplest terms" possible.

Regard,
   Alex.
Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov