This has been a constant pain point for Solr. Java client is a first class
client where it benefits from knowing the correct servers to communicate to
because it is aware of the clusterstate. The java client also has the
advantage of using the faster and compact binary format.

We will need to build these basic capabilities built in other languages
such as  C++, C# and provide bindings for other languages
. We are aware of this need and any suggestions to address this are welcome

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Anurag Sharma <anura...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Solr interface is through REST API's which makes it easy to integrate with
> any platform and do binding any language.
>
> Each developer have to write common code to do the api bindings if using
> Solr in non java framework/platform. This overhead can be reduced by
> building client sdk's/libraries for popular languages and platforms e.g.
> - web: js, ruby, python
> - mobile: Objective C, Swift, C#
> - other: C++,  Scala, perl, php
>
> Also, this can significantly reduce time to Solr on-boarding when using
> non java platform.
>
> Suggestions?

Noble Paul