I'm working through SOLR-6840 (which I think is what Anshum was referring to?)
at the moment - hopefully I can get this committed today.

Before the release, I'd really like to resolve SOLR-6976 as well, though.
Leaving deprecated methods in over a major release is asking for trouble
further down the line!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk