Then make it accept two names, and start shipping examples with the new
name. Old stuff works, new stuff makes sense.

Upayavira

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015, at 08:47 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
> It is the wrong name - mostly because it came from a single core
> solution. We could change it, but you have to pretty carefully
> consider how heavily it's embedded out there now.
>
> - Mark
>
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 1:20 PM Shawn Heisey
> <apa...@elyograg.org> wrote:
>> On 7/9/2015 10:55 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
>>
> coreconfig.xml has it's own problems in SolrCloud,
>>
> collectionconfig seems better. Except in that case
>>
> stand-alone Solr doesn't really use collections...
>>

> Siiggghhh.

I debated with myself on whether I even wanted to bring this up.

Ultimately I decided it would be interesting to discuss, even if we

don't take any action.

As potential replacements for solrconfig.xml, I find that core.xml or

possibly just config.xml are the most appealing ... but the former might

be confusing in a SolrCloud context.  I'm biased towards cores, because

the Solr indexes that I interact with most often are NOT using

SolrCloud, and might never use it.  I've heard rumblings about SolrCloud

becoming the *only* running mode, but that hasn't happened so far.

I understand how we got where we are today -- in the early days, Solr

only handled one index, so the solrconfig.xml actually did configure all

of Solr.

Thanks,

Shawn