Thank you very much, everyone! This is a great privilege and honor for me.

In the spirit of previous posters, I would like to quickly introduce
myself. I'm 32, I was born and I still live in Poznan, Poland, happily
married and with two kids on board. My computer science experience is
somewhat strange because I was a hard core assembly programmer through
primary and high school, not familiar with anything else (the internet
was not there yet, remember, and books were a scarce resource). I
learned my first high-level language during university studies... and
always thought that looked so much more complex compared to assembly
;). Nowadays I do most of my programming in Java, but am always
profoundly interested in low-level aspects of what's going on behind
the scenes. I hold a PhD in information retrieval and teach at the
local technical university in Poznan. Together with Staszek Osiński we
also develop text clustering algorithms under the Carrot2.org and
CarrotSearch.com umbrella.

Glad to be part of Lucene. I hope I will be of help to the project,
Dawid