> On Aug 5, 2015, at 3:25 PM, Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Uwe, I don’t think renaming the preexisting 5.2 jobs is ideal, because
> preexisting release branch jobs can have stale config (inactive jobs’ configs
> don’t always get updated when other jobs’ configs do).  When setting up
> release branch jobs, I like to instead clone the branch_5x jobs.

I’ve created the 5.3 jobs by copying the 5.x jobs.

> I’ll delete the 5.2 workspaces via ssh/sudo, thanks for the reminder.

Turns out that none of the 5.2 workspaces were present, probably as a result of
pruning in response to insufficient disk space problems in the recent past?

>> On Aug 5, 2015, at 3:10 PM, Uwe Schindler <u...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>>
>> Steve: For ASF Jenkins, it would be ideal to rename the preexisting 5.2 jobs
>> and simply change the branch in the subversion settings. Before doing that,
>> be sure to delete the old workspace using the GUI (I am not sure if I did
>> that already...)!!! This is important, because Jenkins does not delete the
>> workspace automatically on rename/job delete, so it consumes large amounts
>> of disk space, which is very limited on the lucene machine.

I checked, and there should be enough disk space to hold the new 5.3 jobs -
judging by the 5.x jobs they’re copied from, they should take up ~17GB of the
available ~39GB:

——
sarowe@lucene1-us-west:/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace$ df -k .
Filesystem     1K-blocks     Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1       82437808 38832960  39394212  50% /x1
——

——
sarowe@lucene1-us-west:/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace$ du -s *5.x
2>/dev/null | perl -pae '$sum += $F[0]; END { print "Total: $sum\n" }'
973404  Lucene-Artifacts-5.x
5933652 Lucene-Solr-Clover-5.x
1621872 Lucene-Solr-Maven-5.x
2933128 Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-5.x