Nate Dire created SOLR-8145:
-------------------------------

             Summary: bin/solr script oom_killer arg incorrect
                 Key: SOLR-8145
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8145
             Project: Solr
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: scripts and tools
    Affects Versions: 5.2.1
            Reporter: Nate Dire
            Priority: Minor


I noticed the oom_killer script wasn't working in our 5.2 deployment.

In the {{bin/solr}} script, the {{OnOutOfMemoryError}} option is being passed 
as an arg to the jar rather than to the JVM.  I moved it ahead of {{-jar}} and 
verified it shows up in the JVM args in the UI.

{noformat}
   # run Solr in the background
    nohup "$JAVA" "${SOLR_START_OPTS[@]}" $SOLR_ADDL_ARGS -jar start.jar \
    "-XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=$SOLR_TIP/bin/oom_solr.sh $SOLR_PORT 
$SOLR_LOGS_DIR" "${SOLR_JETTY_CONFIG[@]}" \
{noformat}

Also, I'm not sure what the {{SOLR_PORT}} and {{SOLR_LOGS_DIR}} args are 
doing--they don't appear to be positional arguments to the jar.

Attaching a patch against 5.2.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to