On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 13:18 +0000, "Alex Cowell"
<alxc...@gmail.com> wrote:

  Hi Upayavira,
  I believe there is a basic implementation of load balancing
  for distributed search. The submit() method in the
  HttpCommComponent class within SearchHandler contains code
  which splits a pipe character delimited string of shards and
  uses a LoadBalancedHttpSolrServer to send requests to them.
  But the functionality is limited to the features of the
  LBHttpSolrServer, such as round-robin choosing of shards to
  query (although when the string of |-delimited shards is
  split, the resulting individual shards are shuffled), so I'm
  sure this could be improved upon.

Yes, thanks Alex, I see it now. My checkout of trunk was old, and
clearly predated that code.

I guess my question then is would a patch be accepted to backport
it to the 3.x branch?

Upayavira

  Alex

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Upayavira <[1]u...@odoko.co.uk>