If you pull from aaf git (git.a.o) or github, you are not using git-svn at
all, bypassing the actual git-svn problem.

Check out
https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/tree/deployment/modules/git_mirror_asf
for what we use, specifically the update-mirror.sh script. That is was
svn2gitupdate runs when a pubsub event happens.