I tried to run the smoke tester directly on my machine and it failed right
after unpacking.  Given other's success, it must be user error.  What might
the problem be?

  unpack lucene-6.0.1.tgz...
    verify JAR metadata/identity/no javax.* or java.* classes...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 1412, in <module>
    main()
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 1356, in main
    smokeTest(c.java, c.url, c.revision, c.version, c.tmp_dir, c.is_signed,
' '.join(c.test_args))
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 1393, in smokeTest
    unpackAndVerify(java, 'lucene', tmpDir, artifact, gitRevision, version,
testArgs, baseURL)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 590, in unpackAndVerify
    verifyUnpacked(java, project, artifact, unpackPath, gitRevision,
version, testArgs, tmpDir, baseURL)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 712, in verifyUnpacked
    checkAllJARs(os.getcwd(), project, gitRevision, version, tmpDir,
baseURL)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 270, in checkAllJARs
    checkJARMetaData('JAR file "%s"' % fullPath, fullPath, gitRevision,
version)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 202, in
checkJARMetaData
    (desc, verify))
RuntimeError: JAR file
"/private/tmp/smoke_lucene_6.0.1_c7510a0fdd93329ec04c853c8557f4a3f2309eaf/unpack/lucene-6.0.1/analysis/common/lucene-analyzers-common-6.0.1.jar"
is missing "X-Compile-Source-JDK: 8" inside its META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Separately from the smoketest, I've downloaded this RC to use it on a new
project and haven't found issues yet.