To add,

the manages schema really makes it easy to "rewrite". My plan would be:

- Add a new "type" or "name" attribute to schema.xml, which is contrary to
"class" attribute usage
- When a manages schema is loaded, the resolving of classes using the hack is
done as it is now. Warnings are printed as said before.
- The managed schema is then changes to switch to the new attribute (there is a
getter to get the symbolic name from the factory, so rewriting is easy)

In addition, this simplifies usage: Some GUI could show a dropdown list for
clicking together the analyzer. We just need to add a schema-REST endpoint to
get all names.

Maybe open an issue targeted for 6.x / 7.0. I'd be happy to help to fix this,
although I could only do the SolrResourceLoader and SolrAnalyzer stuff.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen