> LUCENE_CHANGES.txt should be in the binary and source release tarballs/zips -
> see SOLR-6342.

Ah, my bad, I did not notice that file before, so the reference is OK then :)
Regarding release date, I always use CHANGES.txt, not Changes.html
Also the HTML has the problem of not knowing the date of the current release
btw, see http://lucene.apache.org/solr/6_2_1/changes/Changes.html
<http://lucene.apache.org/solr/6_2_1/changes/Changes.html>

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect