[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5055?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

Jan H√łydahl closed SOLR-5055.
-----------------------------

Closing as won't fix - we no longer support Tomcat deploy

> Using solr.SearchHandler with Apache Tomcat
> -------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-5055
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5055
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: search
>    Affects Versions: 4.3.1
>         Environment: RedHat Linux 6.4 x64_86, Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS i686
>            Reporter: Christian Lutz
>            Priority: Minor
>
> I'm trying to deploy Solr with Tomcat (Version 7.0.27 and 6.0.37) as 
> described in http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat and 
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Running+Solr+on+Tomcat
> I deployed only one instance (mentioned in Wiki Documentation as "Single Solr 
> Instance"). In solrconfig.xml the library configuration is changed to absolut 
> paths for the jar-Files.
> When i try to use the /browse Request Handler it states the following error:
> ERROR - 2013-07-22 13:04:20.279; org.apache.solr.common.SolrException; 
> null:java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: 
> org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.sendError(SolrDispatchFilter.java:670)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:380)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:155)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:225)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
>         at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:200)
>         at 
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:565)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:307)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils
>         at 
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.initialize(ResourceManagerImpl.java:161)
>         at 
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeResourceManager(RuntimeInstance.java:730)
>         at 
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:263)
>         at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.init(VelocityEngine.java:93)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.response.VelocityResponseWriter.getEngine(VelocityResponseWriter.java:147)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.response.VelocityResponseWriter.write(VelocityResponseWriter.java:42)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore$LazyQueryResponseWriterWrapper.write(SolrCore.java:2278)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.writeResponse(SolrDispatchFilter.java:644)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:372)
>         ... 15 more
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
> org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
>         ... 24 more
> ERROR - 2013-07-22 13:04:20.282; org.apache.solr.common.SolrException; 
> null:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils
>         at 
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.initialize(ResourceManagerImpl.java:161)
>         at 
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeResourceManager(RuntimeInstance.java:730)
>         at 
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:263)
>         at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.init(VelocityEngine.java:93)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.response.VelocityResponseWriter.getEngine(VelocityResponseWriter.java:147)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.response.VelocityResponseWriter.write(VelocityResponseWriter.java:42)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore$LazyQueryResponseWriterWrapper.write(SolrCore.java:2278)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.writeResponse(SolrDispatchFilter.java:644)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:372)
>         at 
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:155)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:225)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
>         at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:200)
>         at 
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:565)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:307)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
> org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
>         ... 24 more
> I resolved this error by copying the commons-lang-2.6.jar from the deployed 
> instance (tomcat/webapps/solr/WEB-INF/lib/commons-lang-2.6.jar) to the 
> Tomcat-Library-Directory (tomcat/lib)



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscr...@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-h...@lucene.apache.org

Reply via email to